Codes & Ordinances
Code of Ordinances
More ordinances for Castle Hills can be found on Municipal Code of Ordinances page.
Common Codes & Ordinances
- House numbers, no less than 4 inches in height, are required to be placed at the front and rear property so that the numbers are visible from the street and/or alleyway. Numbers shall be of a color which contrasts with the background so as to be outstanding.
- Parking is only allowed on paved driveway leading to a carport or a semi-circular driveway.
- You can only set out the equivalent of 3 32-gallon trash cans per week for brush pickup.
- Trees overhanging into the City right-of-way must have 14-foot clearance above the street or 12-foot clearance above sidewalk.
- Permits are required for tree trimming.
- Dogs and cats are required to be registered with the city.
- Leash law applies to dogs.
- It is illegal to drain your pool into the street or alleyway if the water contains more than 1.0 mg/L of total residual chlorine.
- Parking on the streets between 2 and 5 a.m. is not allowed.
- Property owners are responsible for keeping drainage easements clean and free of trash, brush, cut grass, etc. at all times.
- Tenants and/or property owners are responsible for removing weeds, grass, or other vegetation growing to the center line of an alley.
- You must have a permit to conduct a garage sale.
- Recreational vehicles, boats or trailers are not allowed to be parked in the front yard.
Code Compliance Issues
We encourage you to contact Code Compliance if you have a concern in your neighborhood, such as tall grass, weeds, boats and RVs in the driveway,or barking dogs. File a complaint online or call 210-342-2341, extension 221.