Architectural Review Committee
The purpose of the Architectural Review Committee are:
- To assure high standards for aesthetic quality of development and/or redevelopment in commercial and multi-family housing areas of the city
- To promote orderly and harmonious development within the city
- To enhance living and business conditions within the city
- To assure that natural features are appropriately preserved and integrated with the development
Issues addressed by the Architectural Review Committee are:
- Accessibility design considerations for persons with disabilities
- Appropriate signage: size limitations, color, and other aesthetic considerations
- Conservation of trees and other natural habitat considerations
- Energy efficiency of design
- Harmony of design, colors, materials, and finesse
- Irrigation and maintenance
- Quality, character, and scale of design
- Suitability of building materials
- Visibility and effect upon view at all sight lines
- Traffic Impact
- 7 p.m.
- The 1st Wednesday of every month (upon request)
- Council Chambers
209 Lemonwood Drive
San Antonio, TX 78213
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Barry Middleman
- George Booth
- Kevin Cherniss
- Ana Frias
- Maretta Scott
- David Kilgore
Member Appointment & Terms
The Architectural Review Committee consists of 5 regular members and 2 alternates that are citizens of the City. Each member is appointed by one Council member each and the Mayor selects one alternate, all are confirmed by the City Council for a term of 2 years beginning on the 1st day of June of each
Application for Hearing
To have an project reviewed by the committee, complete the Application for a hearing. For an application follow the link to
For a tree removal hearing by the Architectural Review Committee complete the Tree Removal Application. Follow the link to Tree Removal Application.
The Architectural Review Committee regulations are available in Chapter 8 of the Code or Ordinances. Follow this link to Code of Ordinances - Chapter 8 Buildings and Building Regulations.
Additional information on ARC tree removal hearings are available in Chapter 48 of the Code of Ordinances. Follow this link to Code of Ordinances - Chapter 48 Vegetation.