Architectural Review Committee
The purpose of the Architectural Review Committee are:
- To assure high standards for aesthetic quality of development and/or redevelopment in commercial and multi-family housing areas of the city
- To promote orderly and harmonious development within the city
- To enhance living and business conditions within the city
- To assure that natural features are appropriately preserved and integrated with the development
Issues addressed by the Architectural Review Committee are:
- Accessibility design considerations for persons with disabilities
- Appropriate signage: size limitations, color, and other aesthetic considerations
- Conservation of trees and other natural habitat considerations
- Energy efficiency of design
- Harmony of design, colors, materials, and finesse
- Irrigation and maintenance
- Quality, character, and scale of design
- Suitability of building materials
- Visibility and effect upon view at all sight lines
- 7 p.m.
- The 3rd Monday of every month (upon request)
- Council Chambers
209 Lemonwood Drive
San Antonio, TX 78213
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Jack Joyce, Chairman
- Ana Frias
- Barry Middleman
- Betty Howard
- Debbie Sutton
- Matari Gunter
- Juan Solis
Member Appointment & Terms
The Architectural Review Committee consists of 5 regular members and 2 alternates that are citizens of the City. Members are nominated by the Mayor and approved by the City Council for a term of 2 years beginning on June 1 of each odd-numbered year.
To have an issue reviewed by the committee, complete the Application for Architectural Review Committee Hearing.