Board of Adjustment
The purpose of the Board of Adjustment is to:
- Hear and decide appeals where it is alleged there is
errorin any order, requirement, decision, or determination made by the city manager the enforcement of the Zoning Chapter.
- Hear and decide special exceptions to the terms of the Zoning Chapter upon which it is required to pass under Section 50.566 Granting of Special Exceptions.
- Authorize upon appeals in specific cases such variance from the terms of the Zoning Chapter as will not be contrary to the public interest, where, owing to special conditions, a literal enforcement of the provisions of the Zoning Chapter will result in unnecessary hardship, and so that the spirit of the Chapter shall be observed and substantial justice
The Board of Adjustment is hereby empowered to permit the following exceptions, provided its action does not injure the health, safety, morals or the general welfare of the occupants of nearby properties and is in harmony with the general purpose and intent of this chapter.
- Permit such modifications of the height, yard area, spacing and parking regulations as may be necessary to secure development of a parcel of land of such unusual topography or restricted area or shap that it cannot be appropriately developed without such modification.
- Permit such modification of the parking regulations as may be warranted by the unusual character of a proposed use.
- Permit the reconstruction of a building occupied by a nonconforming use provided such reconstruction does not prevent the return of the property to a conforming use.
- Determine in case of uncertainty the classification as to district of use not specifically named in this chapter; provided however; such use shall be in keeping with sues specifically named in the district regulations.
- 5:30 p.m.
- The 4th Monday of each month (upon request)
- City Hall
209 Lemonwood Drive
Castle Hills, TX 78213
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Tom Reichenberger, Chairman
- Walter Beuhler
- Brother William Dooling
- Bruce Smiley-Kaliff
- Bonnie Hopke
- John Squire
- Ian McLin
Appointment & Terms
The Board of Adjustments consists of 5 members and 4 alternates who are citizens of the City. Each member is appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Council for a term of 2 years beginning on the 1st day of June of each
To see more ordinances for Castle Hills, visit the Code of Ordinances website. To file a request or appeal, complete the Board of Adjustment Application and Appeal Form (PDF).