Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Thursday, March 12, 2020 - 7:00am
CPS Energy ready to help customers in need!
If CPS Energy customers have concerns about paying their bill in-person at our many payment locations, there are numerous ways to make payments, including mailing a check, pay by phone, and utilizing our Manage My Account service online. We are also readily available to respond to issues unrelated to bill payments either by phone or by utilizing our online service.
As part of our commitment to People First, we urge customers experiencing financial hardship to contact us so that we can work together to find a payment plan that works for them. We are committed to providing reliable, safe and affordable electric and gas services for all customers. CPS Energy has a variety of money-saving and general assistance programs designed to help all customers who have informed us of a hardship. Some of CPS Energy’s assistance programs include:
• REAP– CPS Energy contributes $1 million or more per year to the Residential Energy Assistance Partnership (REAP). This invaluable program is our commitment to provide help to pay energy bills for customers who qualify for assistance.
• Budget Payment Plan– Customers’ annual energy bill is averaged over the past year, and a fixed amount is billed making it easy to budget energy dollars for the year.
• Senior Citizen Billing Program– Senior customers are allowed additional time to pay the net amount of energy bills.
• Senior Citizen Late Fee Waiver– Qualifying seniors over 60 years old can sign up to have their late charges waived.
• Affordability Discount Program– Customers may be eligible for a discount on their monthly service charge.
• Casa Verde– Qualifying customers can receive an average of $5,000 in energy efficiency upgrades to their home at no cost, helping save energy month after month.
• Disabled Citizens Billing Program– Disabled customers on Supplemental Security Income are allowed additional time to pay the net amount of their energy bills.
For a list of other money-saving and assistance programs, visit www.cpsenergy.com/assistance or call 210-353-2222 to speak to an Energy Advisor. To pay by phone, call (877) 257-1172. To mail a payment, include your bill and payment to CPS Energy, P.O. Box 2678, San Antonio, TX 78289.
CPS Energy is working diligently to protect our customers and employees regarding the COVID-19 health event. We continue to monitor this public health event as it evolves. For personal safety and other health tips, visit the City of San Antonio’s COVID-19 webpage.