Board of Adjustment
The purpose of the Board of Adjustment is to:
- Hear and decide appeals where it is alleged there is error in any order, requirement, decision, or determination made by the administrative office in the enforcement of the Zoning Chapter
- Hear and decide special exceptions to the terms of the Zoning Chapter upon which it is required to pass under Section 31.1810 Granting of Special Exceptions
- Authorize upon appeals in specific cases such variance from the terms of the Zoning Chapter as will not be contrary to the public interest, where, owing to special conditions, a literal enforcement of the provisions of the Zoning Chapter will result in unnecessary hardship, and so that the spirit of the Chapter shall be observed and substantial justice done.
The following requests are addressed by the Board of Adjustments:
- Permit such modifications of height, yard area, spacing and parking regulations as may be necessary to secure appropriate development of a parcel of land of such unusual topography or restricted area and shape that it cannot be appropriately developed without such modification.
- Permit such modification of the parking regulations as may be warranted by the unusual character of a proposed use.
- Permit the use of a lot or lots in a single family, duplex, or apartment district which lot (or lots) is adjacent to a commercial or industrial district, even if separated therefrom by an alley or by a street, for the parking of passenger cars under such safeguards and conditions as may be desirable to protect the restricted adjacent and nearby properties, provided no other business use is made of the lot.
- Permit the reconstruction of a building occupied by a nonconforming use provided such reconstruction does not prevent the return of such property to a conforming use.
- Determine in case of uncertainty the classification as to district of a use not specifically named in this Chapter, provided such use shall be in keeping with uses specifically named in the district regulations.
- 7 p.m.
- The 3rd Wednesday of each month (upon request)
- City Hall
209 Lemonwood Drive
Castle Hills, TX 78213
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Tim Turner, Chairman
- Dana Poole
- Tom Reichenberger
- Bonnie Hopke
- Conry Davidson
- Ralph LaBorde
- Bonnie Hopke
Appointment & Terms
The Board of Adjustments consists of 5 members and 4 alternates who are citizens of the City. Each member is appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Council for a term of 2 years beginning on the 1st day of June of each odd numbered year.
To see more ordinances for Castle Hills, visit their ordinance website. To file a request or appeal, complete the Board of Adjustment Application and Appeal Form (PDF).